Core Survival HEL-STAR 6 LE Tactical Helmet Mounted Light
Core Survival HEL-STAR 6® LE Tactical model was designed for Law Enforcement tactical operations. With advanced electronics, HEL-STAR 6® LE Tactical provides vast omni-directional visibility over other methods of marking and identifying law enforcement personnel such as reflective IR patches. The compact sleek design includes integrated tie downs and an easy battery change. Sliding switches enhance tactile feel providing positive, intuitive control between the two operating modes and four user-defined functions. HEL-STAR 6® LE Tactical is configured specifically to support evolving law enforcement needs and applications.
Four functions are available in two operating modes in visible and IR:
- Red/Green Flash: Label separate teams in open area team movement (woods, parks, etc.). Valuable for real-time TOC intelligence.
- Red Flash: Used during warm zone triage care of personnel who cannot self-extricate but are stable – RTF Teams can easily ID on approach.
- Green Flash: Used to identify admin personnel or mark a support position, in addition to keeping team members out of restricted areas.
- IR: Easy team tracking using NODS, sniper NV overwatch or overhead helicopter cameras. Substantial improvement over past options (IR reflective patches) due to its 360- degree visibility.
HEL-STAR 6® LE Tactical Advantages
- Safety - The unique battery access design provides a curved profile on all sides, minimizing snag hazard. Velcro® attachment provides emergency peel-away from helmet to reduce potential for snag-related injury.
- Versatility - Up to four user-defined functions are available in a range of visible colors and IR signals, either flashing, coded or steady.
- Visibility - Omni-directional. Intensities can be scaled up or down for special requirements. White flash exceeds FAA 3-statute mile requirements.
- Simple, Secure Operation - Switches are designed for positive operation by a gloved-hand, in the blind, with the helmet donned. Mode selection switch design options provide operational flexibility or strong security between overt and covert operating modes.
- Operating Extremes - Shock and vibration resistant, dustproof and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet).
- Status Confirmation - Switch design provides visual and tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and operating status with no guesswork; visual confirmation prevents inadvertent battery discharge in the IR operating mode.
- Easy Battery Replacement - The single CR123 cell can be replaced in the field, quickly, without special tools.
- Field Reprogramming - Color, flash rate, and light intensity can be reprogrammed with a wireless handheld device (PIM). A default feature returns the unit back to original factory settings.