Team Wendy SAR Backcountry Helmet
The Team Wendy® SAR is the first purpose-built search and rescue helmet to provide accessory mounting capabilities while meeting key industrial and mountaineering performance standards. The Team Wendy SAR Backcountry™ features a glass-reinforced polycarbonate shroud that is designed to handle lights and cameras. The helmet also includes a sport-style under the chin retention system with a Fidlock® magnetic buckle for easy one-handed operation and a BOA® Fit System to dial in precise fit adjustment while providing single-handed quick release. The Team Wendy SAR comes standard with two vent covers to prevent objects and debris from entering the crown vents of the helmet.
- Sport-Style Retention System
- Includes a Fidlock® magnetic buckle for easy one-handed operation
- Zorbium® Foam Comfort Liner
- Expanded Polystyrene Impact Liner featuring Zorbium® Foam Comfort Pads in two thicknesses
- Glass-reinforced polycarbonate shroud
- Meets the requirements of BS EN 12492:2012 standard for mountaineering helmets
- Meets the requirements of BS EN 1385:2012 standard for whitewater helmets
- Meets additional off-crown impact requirements of BS EN 14052:2012 European standard for high performance industrial helmets
NOTE: EN 14052 requires a low-strength chinstrap, the EXFIL SAR is not fully certified to BS EN 14052:2012 in order to meet more rigorous chinstrap requirements of BS EN 12492:2012 and reduce the risk of losing the helmet during a fall.
- Meets Advanced Combat Helmet (ACH) Blunt Impact Protection requirements (per AR/PD 10-02 Rev A)
Complete system weight includes helmet shell, shroud, impact liner, retention system and, when applicable, accessory rails.